SAICA Leadership in a time of crisis series
Webcast # 2: Mental health in a time of crisis and the art of working and managing remotely (Friday, 3 April 2020)
The second webcast in our series will focus on the individual, specifically focussing on the mental health and wellness of employees as well as focussing on the mindset and the art of productivity of the remote worker in a time of lockdown.
Who should attend?
SAICA members and associates [CA(SA)/AGA(SA)/AT] and trainees and members of the public
Session 1: Promoting personal and workplace mental health in the age of COVID-19
The presenter will address the following:
- Dealing with the overflow of information and reducing anxiety
- Dealing with being in lockdown and changing the mindset
- Anxiety about the future – managing financial stress
- Worries about being exposed to the coronavirus
- Workplace considerations
Session 2: Art of working and managing remotely
- Assisting individuals simply to make sense of ‘what is’ and the challenges of remaining focused, productive and growing during this time
- Assisting individuals to co-create and implement strategies to transition to home and remote working, with the required boundaries
- Assisting individuals and leaders to build renewed trust to deepen relationships
- Assisting leaders to build their ‘virtual leading’ capability
- Assisting leaders to create psychological safety for their teams and people
About our presenters
Paolo Giuricich is the founder of Smarter EQ and an Organisation Development (OD) Consultant with a difference. Paolo has more than 20 years’ experience in organisation development, learning and development, and the HR spaces and has worked globally with over 6,500 leaders and 22 organisations in 32 countries. This has given him a strong skillset and keen insights into how people work, both as individuals, as part of teams and interconnected organisational systems. Paolo is also a CA(SA) – this gives him a commercial edge – direct experience of how organisations work on a practical level as a complement to his people dynamics’ lifelong work. Every day he is also a father, global citizen and complete travel junkie.
Navlika is the Clinica Operations Director at ICAS SA. A GIBS MBA graduate and Clinical psychologist with diverse experience in human capital management, behavioural risk, change management, managerial consulting, global management consulting, leadership, organisational resilience and organisational strategy. She also has an abundance of experience in dealing with mental health in the workplace and has consulted to many South African corporates in this regard.
Navlika has an abundance of training, customer engagement experience and natural leadership in all spheres of career and personal life. Selected by McKinsey & Company for their WomEnpower event, developing future female leadership for the global community.
Navlika completed her MBA in 2016 with distinction and was also awarded the prize as top graduate for the programme. She has furthered her executive education at Harvard Business School. Navlika also regularly acts as a guest lecturer at GIBS and is also a group mentor for PGDip and MBA programmes.
08h00 – 08h45 Promoting personal and workplace mental health in the age of COVID-19
08h45 – 09h30 Art of working and managing remotely
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Business acumen: Business internal environment
- Business acumen: Business external environment
- Business acumen: Innovation and creativity
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 1.5 hours of CPD.
Please note this session is complimentary.