SAICA Leadership in a time of crisis series
Webcast #18: Q&A follow up with the UIF – complimentary webinar
Who should attend?
SAICA members and associates [CA(SA)/AGA(SA)/AT] and trainees and members of the public
Last week SAICA held a Q&A session with the UIF that had close to 1500 participants and received over 800 queries. We were not able to assist with resolving all queries received.
To address this challenge we have done the following:
- We have collated all queries received from the previous session and organized these into themes and will publish an FAQ based on these themes shortly
- We will be hosting a follow up session with the UIF representatives on Thursday, 14 May 2020 starting at 9:00am until 10:30am to address the questions received from the previous session as well as the process to follow for May submissions to the UIF and any other queries that will be received in this webcast
- To ensure we address the majority of queries that we will receive on the follow up webcast, we will have a UIF representative, SAICA tax experts and experienced SAICA members present to respond to queries received on the chat.
- Regarding technical issues experienced on the U-filing website, we have received the details of the IT technician that is able to resolve these issues. However, to ensure that the technician is not overwhelmed with queries, we have created a U-filing issues (https://kwiksurveys.com/s/Tkqw7MvH#/0) link to capture specific technical queries only on the U-filing website. You may send screenshots with your UIF reference number to Violas@saica.co.za
09h00 to 10h30
About the presenters:
Makhosonke Buthelezi: Director: Communication and Marketing UIF
Allan Regavallo: Director: Provincial support UIF
Juanita Steenekamp: Project Director: Legislation, Ethics and Governance, Corporate Reporting
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Business acumen: Business internal environment
- Business acumen: Business external environment
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 1.5 hours of CPD.
Please note this session is complimentary.