SAICA Leadership in a time of crisis series
Webcast # 13: Lessons from a pandemic – Business continuity resilience and future focus
Who should attend?
SAICA members and associates [CA(SA)/AGA(SA)/AT] and trainees and members of the public
As the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving, there is significant uncertainty on the effects of COVID-19 on the health of the population and the economy in the immediate and foreseeable future. What good businesses do is that they are able to rise to these challenges to take the most appropriate decisions and show strong leadership to ensure their businesses survive. In today’s session we will have an interesting discussion with executives on various areas such as:
- People first from a health and financial perspective
- Succession planning
- Importance of communication
- Crisis management and response
- Planning for the future – doing less with less?
- Fast tracking digital acceptance
- Revising risk management plans
- Rethink how decisions are made
- Can we go back to how we did business before?
- Engaging employees from a distance
08h00 – 09h00
09h00 – 09h15
Our facilitator and panelists
Facilitator: Andile Khumalo CEO of KhumaloCo
- Elmar Conradie, CEO of Safair
- Natasha Sideris, Founder of Tashas
- Hano Coetzee, CFO of &BEYOND
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Relational acumen: Communication skills
- Relational acumen: Leadership skills
- Relational acumen: People skills
- Business acumen: Business internal environment
- Business acumen: Business external environment
- Business acumen: Innovation and creativity
- Decision-making acumen: Integrated thinking
- Digital acumen: New developments and protocols
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 1.15 hours of CPD.
Please note this session is complimentary.