SAICA Leadership in a time of crisis series
Webcast #23: The impact of Covid-19 on the Investment and Funds industry
Who should attend?
Preparers, Auditors, Fund Administrators, Investors
The current global health pandemic caused by the Covid-19 outbreak has led to widespread losses across global financial markets.
This is a global phenomenon and South Africa is no exception. Many investors from around the world, including South Africans, are becoming increasingly concerned about the impact on what may be their biggest investment – their retirement savings.
Combined with the South Africa’s sovereign’s credit rating, low expected growth rates and some form of lockdown in the winter month’s investors are worried about how they respond.
In these unprecedented times there is opportunity to find solutions and answers that are innovative, disruptive and resilient.
Join us for an interactive conversation with industry leaders as we discuss the impact of this pandemic on the South African Investments and Funds industry.
- Magda Wierzycka: CEO Sygnia Limited
- Wilma Mokup; Financial Sector Conduct Authority
- Janina Slawski: Head: Investments Consulting: Alexander Forbes
- Ampfa Mulaudzi: Senior Manager Financial Advisory: Deloitte
- Dinesh Munu: Investment Management Sector Lead, Deloitte (Moderator)
09h30 – 11h00
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Decision-making acumen: Problem solving
- Decision-making acumen: Judgement and decision-making
- Stewardship of capitals: business processes and risk management: Reporting fundamentals
- Decision-making to increase, decrease or transform capitals: Investment decisions
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 1.5 hours of CPD.
Please note this session is complimentary.