Session 1: Ethics and Regaining the Public’s Trust
SAICA has dedicated the month of October to Ethics due to World Ethics day on the 21st of October. The October addition of the ASA magazine will contain a series of Ethics articles and SAICA is launching a series of webinar broadcasts all addressing different aspects of Ethics in the Accounting Profession.
This conversation is a strategic milestone in our journey towards restoring the professional reputation and trust which society has in the profession. The Public’s trust is essential for market stability and therefore a key priority for the profession.
Date: 6 October
Cost: Free for all attendees
Programme: 10:00 – 11:30
Jeanne Viljoen (SAICA Project Director: Practice and Ethics)
Key note Speakers:
- Freeman Nomvalo (SAICA CEO)
- James Barbour (Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland(ICAS) Director, Policy Leadership)
- Leon Van Vuuren (Executive Director: Professional and Business Ethics at TEI)
SAICA’s CPD policy has changed effective 1 January 2020 from an input measurement basis to an output measurement basis. Learning and the development of professional competence is unique to each member and should be aligned to your personal needs identified in your reflective learning plans. For further information and guidance, go to SAICA’s CPD website. The competencies being addressed in this seminar are:
- Professional values and attitudes: ethics, lifelong learning, citizenship
- Decision-making acumen: Judgement and decision-making; Integrated thinking; Professional scepticism
- Relational acumen: People skills; Relationship-building skills; Self-management; Managing others
If you are required to log CPD hours (for instance if you are a SAICA Tax Practitioner or registered with other professional bodies or organisations such as the IOD, SAIPA, SAIT etc.), please note that this seminar affords you 1.5 hours of CPD.